I went to Paris as a nanny in my early twenties. Leaving my hometown in Germany behind on the train to Paris, I felt excited. I was eager to immerse myself in a different culture and learn to speak French. I was looking forward to eating croissants, listening to accordion music in the streets, discovering the hidden parks and getting to know the Parisians.When I began meeting people in Paris, they always said “je t’appelle” as we parted, which translates into “I will give you a call.” I quite enjoyed their initiative to meet again.
- What am I assuming in this situation? – take notes
- What might I see, if I let go of these assumptions and open myself up to other possibilities? – take notes
- If applicable: What assumptions may others be holding? – take notes
- Given my new insights, what are possible next steps towards a solution? – take notes
- Revisit your notes, choose your next step and most importantly TAKE IT!
As you become more aware, enjoy making decisions that go beyond your assumptions; decisions that truly serve you and others.
Share your discoveries with other readers on my blog. Thank you! 🙂
P.S. If you want to continue receiving this valuable content, simply fill out the circle beside the post.
Julia James is a certified life coach and award-winning author of the book, The Mini-Retreat Solution. With over ten years experience coaching people through positive career transformations, Julia is passionate about helping people connect with their true calling.